Tuesday 21 January 2014

Get To Know Me part 5- THE FINAL CHAPTER

So you think you know it all? You don't. This is the final chapter of my Get To Know Me series and after this, you'll know almost everything that's worth knowing about me! Lucky you...
 
17. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
Cooking- It's creative, I'm very much in charge and of course you get a meal at the end of it! 
Nail Art- On other people (I bite my nails, shock horror) Again, it lets my creative juices flow, but it's also a bit more challenging than just painting a picture.
 
Reading- Because my over-active mind can really turn-off when I read a book. It makes burying my head in the sand a little more possible.
Making Cards- I like to give things to people I love, and there's nothing more special than a hand-made gift or card.
Bad TV- If a hobby is something you do to relax, then I'd be lying if I didn't include TV, particularly bad TV. I like it because you can just watch, you don't have to concentrate, or invest into it emotionally, just watch...
 
18. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be & what would you eat?
Okay, so I probably wouldn't have dinner with this person, and strictly speaking he isn't yet part of history... But it'd be interesting if I did... Kim Jong Un, the current North Korean leader.
I know, I know, you expected me to say Marilyn Monroe or Mother Theresa, but that's boring and I'd like my little jaunt into history to have a bit more meaning. You see, having lived in South Korea for a while, the whole North Korea thing fascinates me. I genuinely think I could make a difference! Kim Jong Un was educated at a prestigious European independent school -as was I- which means that we probably have some common ground (laughable, no?) that I could win him over with, not to mention his fine (and ridiculously hypocritical) taste in European wine and cheese. Secondly, any man with such a huge bloody chip on their shoulder probably just wants a bit of attention and a proper good telling off. I could do that. Not to sympathise you must understand, just to work my way in. You see, for some reason many Asian people (in my experience) love a Western friend. Our accent, our 'big' eyes and our funny smell (sour milk) all win them over, and given Kim's secret love for all things Western, I don't see why I would be any different! In fact, given that there is already a Spanish fella by the name of Alejandro Cao de Benos, in Kim's inner circle, I'm pretty sure he'd like me. And now comes the fun bit, after dining on a feast of South Korean Bulgogi (he'd love that) and worming my way in, I would go on to tell him the hard facts about his beloved countries sickening ideals, and their dire consequences. I know it might not make a difference, I know he might not care, I also know he might enjoy knowing the suffering that he and his deplorable family have caused 'their' people. But I genuinely believe his head is so far up his own arse, that no-one will have ever actually told him before!
Dear Kim Jong Un, if you are reading this, please know that you are the worst kind of human. You are in no way divine, just as your father and grandfather weren't. Your hypocrisy is hilarious and your chubby little face even funnier. There is NOTHING Democratic about the DPRK, if you like I can send you the definition, I'm guessing they didn't teach you that in Switzerland? Your people are slowly gathering a connective hatred against you, and soon- within my lifetime- you will have an almighty revolution on your hands that you will do well to survive. They have radios, DVDs and cellphones, but most importantly they have courage and a newly realised right to free-will. If I was you (God forbid) then I'd be scared. It isn't too late to be a hero, because unlike those before you, you DO know better! Oh, and before I forget... your shit stinks just like everybody elses. 
(If you are interested in North Korea, PLEASE PLEASE let me know, I'm slightly obsessed and desperate to do something for those poor people. If you aren't interested, that's fine, but know that between 1995 and 1998, as we were all learning how to use the internet and getting mobile phones, approx. 2.4million North Koreans died of starvation, and many more are still dying to this day. This isn't a problem like Africa, where environmental factors make growing enough food impossible, this is due to the abhorrent mis-use of power) 
 
19. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
God it's deep today! I think it's becoming less and less 'popular', but the fact that so many people are still offended by homosexuality really pushes my buttons. Firstly, what a person chooses to do in their own bedroom has NOTHING to do with you, absolutely nothing! Secondly, why are you even interested you perverts! Being gay doesn't make a person less of a person, in fact it doesn't change them in any way, other than who they are likely to fall in love with- it doesn't make them a bad person. Whereas judging people on their sexuality does make you a bad person. It makes you a bitter, ignorant and backward individual that would probably make great friends with my old fave (NOT) King Jon Un.
 
20. What is your favourite part of your body and why?
Ahhh, back to pure BBlogger territory. It's my eyes. They never have bad days, they don't wobble and without them I'd be pretty lost... literally.
 
Well that turned out deeper than I thought.
 
So that's your lot lovely people. I hope it's been insightful and at least interesting in parts. If you know me in Real Life and you learnt anything you didn't already know, then tell me what! And for my blogging friends, have I surprised you with anything?
 
Thanks for reading peoples,
 
Katy x

2 comments:

  1. I love the nail art. Gorgeous! And I like making cards too, I find it quite therapeutic actually!
    What bad tv do you watch? I'm intrigued!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely therapeutic!
      Bad TV like Man VS Food and the Travel Channel, though I'm not as bad as my middle sister, she will watch ANYthing!
      Katy x

      Delete